Public Record – 28th Missaukee County Circuit Court | New
LAKE CITY – The following are indictments, pleas or sentences handed down in Missaukee County 28th Circuit Court on October 1 and 4.
• Dorrwayne Hamilton Jr., 41, of McBain pleaded guilty to possession of narcotics for its connection to a March 18 incident in Reeder Township. As part of the plea, the charges of possession of methamphetamine and carrying a concealed weapon, a Ruger .44, will be dismissed at sentencing. There was also a sentencing agreement for no additional jail time.
• Joel Eric Wiggins Jr., 38, of Lake City has not disputed two counts of domestic violence for its connection to an incident that occurred between January 1, 2019 and February 26, 2021, in Norwich Township. A plea of no contest is not an admission of guilt, but is treated as an admission in sentencing. It also allows the court to determine guilt from the examination of the police report. As part of the plea, the charges of assault with a dangerous weapon, gun and two additional counts of domestic violence will be dismissed at sentencing. There was also a sentencing agreement for no additional jail time. He also pleaded guilty to possession of methamphetamine for its connection to a May 6 incident in Norwich Township. There was also a sentencing agreement for no additional prison term and for him to be sentenced under Article 7411 of the Public Health Code. A 7411 deferral allows a person to plead guilty to a charge of drug possession and then have that “guilty” charge and their plea dismissed after a period of probation. This is only available to people who do not have a history of drug offenses on their record.
• Justin Charles McGee, 38, of Houghton Lake pleaded guilty to a third count of domestic violence for its connection to a June 4 incident in Lake Township. A deal was made to give McGee a deferred sentence and if he completes his probation he would be allowed to plead guilty to one count of domestic violence misdemeanor.
• Joseph Andrew Brown, 47, of Lake City pleaded guilty and was sentenced to a public disorder charge for his connection to an April 12 incident in Pioneer Township. He was ordered to pay $ 425 in fines and costs.
• Kirstie Lynn Weidman, 41, of Lake City was sentenced to 52 days in prison with credit for 52 days on a guilty plea for possession of methamphetamine weighing less than 25 grams. She was also ordered to pay $ 1,198 in fines and costs and an 18-month probation period.